Re: Oracle Portal - identifying who has signed on

From: Robert A.M. van Lopik <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:32:13 -0000

"Jim" <no-spam_at_no-spam.org> wrote in message news:bh1g8t0ces2t6aqqtk0hrda2jdd1c3gd7i_at_4ax.com...
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:48:45 -0000, "SDG" <simong_at_explor.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I am wanting to write a sql statement for a portal report that only
 returns
> >rows for the user who has logged on.
> >Is there a procedure or api to do this.
> >
> >Basically I am wanting to do what SYS_CONTEXT ('userenv','session_user')
> >does in sqlplus for the database user.
> >

> >eg.
> >
> >select *
> >from my_table
> >where user_name = (portal sign on name)
> >

> >Thanks in anticipation.
> >

> Not sure about Portal (WebDB 3.0.6), but in WebDB 2.2 we use
> select UPPER(USER) into user_id from DUAL.
That definitely will not work, because in Portal 3 a "user" is not a "database user" but is registered seperately in the login server. If you are writing a database or web portlet there are API-calls to get the name of the logged in user. Not sure about the built-in portlets though.

rob van lopik Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 10:32:13 CET

Original text of this message