Re: Intro to Oracle:SQL & PL/SQL class -HELP

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:31:33 -0800

[Quoted] I wish you were in my classes. (I teach Oracle 8i Basics, Advanced PL/SQL, and Oracle DBA classes at the University of Washington) as your perceptions are correct.

My curriculum, which is very aggressive and targeted toward people already in the business. It covers creation of basic database objects (tables, indexes, constraints, sequences), the data dictionary, and some SQL and PL/SQL in SQL*Plus in 30 hours (10 x 3 hours). The Advanced PL/SQL class (stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers, error handling, and a few of the most useful built-in packages) in 30 hours. And a DBA class oriented toward developers (not for serious full-time DBAs) also 30 hours. To attempt to do this with novices is wholly unrealistic.

Daniel A. Morgan