Oracle Object for OLE and DB fail over

From: mike streeton <mikes_at_crazydiamondcorp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:03:43 -0000

We have an application using Oracle Objects for OLE. It is connecting to a database and reading/writing some records. If the database fails we want it to disconnect and periodically retry to connect before carrying on reading/writing. This almost works okay except that when the db fails we get 3 dialog boxes with assertion failure messages in. Okaying these boxes cause the program to carry on and work how we want. How can we get rid of these messages we are using 8.1.7 and the reconnect/retry is need because our target db system will be running on a cluster with fail over.

Many Thanks

Mike Received on Mon Feb 12 2001 - 12:03:43 CET

Original text of this message