Error with stored procedures, can TOAD be the cause?

From: Steve <spamsbucciacchio_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:49:11 GMT

[Quoted] Hi Folks,

We have a 3 tired architecture using MTS and Oracle 8i. While I'm debugging [Quoted] a stored procedure (using TOAD v6.4), if a user calls an MTS component
(written in VB6) which executes a stored procedure, that MTS component
hangs, and a very cryptic error message is written to the Windows NT log
(the NT server with MTS). We noticed that the MTS components which execute
any stored procedure within the same package as the component that I'm debugging, causes that component to hang. However, calling a stored procedure within another package seems to work fine. So my question is... is [Quoted] this a problem or a normal fact of life with Oracle (meaning that while debugging a stored procedure, no one can access any other stored procedure in that same package), or is this something to do with TOAD (meaning a bug, [Quoted] or a side affect to using TOAD's debugger)?

Info;
Oracle8 Release 8.0.5.0.0 (Windows NT 4 SP6a) TOAD v6.4.0.0
Oracle and MTS are installed on separate NT servers

Thanks,
Steve

--
Note: To reply by email, simply remove the word "spam" from my address.