8.1.7 Oracle OLE DB Provider

From: SWBT <james.williams_at_xitc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:47:43 -0600

Has anyone else encountered the following problem?

The problem we are experiencing only occurs with the 8.1.7 Oracle OLE DB Provider and only seems to occur when I am doing multiple inserts in the MTS environment without transactions enabled. All inserts statements after the initial insert statements do not get written to the database. I am not receiving any errors from Oracle or the Oracle OLE DB Provider. I have set the tracing level for the 8.1.7. Oracle OLE DB Provider to its highest setting, and it is not recording any errors in the trace file, and all interface calls return proper HRESULT values. All of our database access is funneled through a single COM+ DLL (MTS Component). This DLL does not use Xa, and does not call SetAbort(), or SetComplete(). There is no immediate transaction statements (BEGIN TRANS, COMMIT, or ROLLBACK) wrapped around each parameterized query.

 The 8.1.6 version of the Oracle OLE DB Provider works correctly without any problems.

Our current test environment is running an Oracle 8.0.5 database on W2K Advanced Server with MDAC 2.6 installed.

Our code base is written in Microsoft Visual C++ using the ATL OLEDB consumer templates and works directly at the OLE DB layer. We are not going through ADO, RDO, DAO, or ODBC. We use parameterized queries to do our selects, inserts, and updates against tables in our applications schema. Each accessor opens and closes its own database session using session pooling and OLE DB Services. We do use the BLOB data type and access it via the ISequentialStream interface.

Thanks in advanced,

James Williams (james.williams_at_xitc.com) Received on Mon Feb 05 2001 - 20:47:43 CET

Original text of this message