xwindows development with Oracle Applications

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:05:59 -0500

Hello -

[Quoted] We are an Oracle shop using dev2k 4.5 and Oracle Applications 11.03. Currently we develop custom forms and reports using dev2k in a windows95/98 environment and use these custom forms and reports outside of Oracle Apps.

We would now like to begin incorporating forms and reports directly into Oracle Apps and would like to use the unix version of dev2k (HP in our case) to develop our custom forms and reports.

Being new to all this I'm questioning how best to go about setting this type of system up where we can connect to the unix box thru our pc's. I've heard about Hummingbird Exceed and have just downloaded an evaluation copy of it but haven't even begun to install it yet. Is this a good choice? Any others?

I'm looking for suggestions, caveats, white papers, info, help, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Steven C. Kondolf
Mgr. Mfg Systems
Rochester Midland Corp
Rochester NY USA Received on Sat Feb 03 2001 - 00:05:59 CET

Original text of this message