Stuck at the installation of WebDB2.1(Linux)

From: Yuichiro Komai <ykomai_at_d9.dion.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 00:59:53 +0900

 Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted]  My attempt to install WebDB2.1 on the linux box where 8i is running with [Quoted] default configuration has been failed, as the installer cannot connect to [Quoted] the local database saying "you specified the wrong TNS alias".

 Trying to find the solution, I populate the TNS alias field in the installer with the SID of the existing local database otherwise left it blank and continued, however, either approach failed.

 Does anyone know the good remedy for this problem ?

Thanks. Received on Fri Feb 02 2001 - 16:59:53 CET

Original text of this message