Re: jdbc driver problems

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:33:48 GMT

I'm not clear on what you mean by switching drivers. I use the thin driver. It can be downloaded from technet.oracle.com. It is found in a classes12.zip file. I write jdk1.3 java. I have run my code against an 8.0.4, 8.0.5, 8.1.5, and 8.1.6 database versions. I have not seen any problems between database versions. I do not change the driver because I am connecting to a different version. I've only changed the driver when my code went from jdk1.1.x to jdk1.2/jdk1.3 as recommended at the oracle site. Use the classes111.zip for jdk1.1.x code and the classes12.zip for java 2 code.

hth,
cindy