Re: Aaagh! Migration from >spit< SQL server to >hurray< ORACLE?

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:33:01 GMT

If you go to OTN (Oracle Technology Network), you can download a utility called the Migration Workbench that lets you convert a SQL*Server database to an Oracle database. In addition, the latest release of the ODBC driver contains some new features that make it possible to use the Microsoft syntax for calling stored procedure with the newly migrated Oracle procedures, so you shouldn't have to modify the application (fingers crossed).

Justin Cave

In article <3a78123a.14899103_at_news.tinet.ie>,   chrisDOT.schnurr_at_iontasDOT.com (Chris Schnurr) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have an application that currently runs on a SQL server database.
>
> I have a nice larg script that I want to use to generate an equivalent
> database on Oracle (ver 8i).
>
> How do I create the database ? Do I have to add each field and each
> table by hand or are there utilities out there to create the database
> for me from the script?
>
> Or, is there a way of importing an ODBC datasource direct into Oracle?
>
> And finally, this must be a frequently Asked Question, where are the
> others kept?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> chris
>
> chris_dot_schnurr_at_iontas_dot_com
> (replace the _dot_s to email, although I lurk here regularly)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 21:33:01 CET

Original text of this message