Aaagh! Migration from >spit< SQL server to >hurray< ORACLE?

From: Chris Schnurr <chrisDOT.schnurr_at_iontasDOT.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:30:14 GMT

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] We have an application that currently runs on a SQL server database.

I have a nice larg script that I want to use to generate an equivalent database on Oracle (ver 8i).

How do I create the database ? Do I have to add each field and each table by hand or are there utilities out there to create the database for me from the script?

Or, is there a way of importing an ODBC datasource direct into Oracle?

And finally, this must be a frequently Asked Question, where are the others kept?

Many thanks,

chris

chris_dot_schnurr_at_iontas_dot_com
(replace the _dot_s to email, although I lurk here regularly) Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 14:30:14 CET

Original text of this message