Re: WebDB form and sequence for unique id field

From: Martin Amerhauser <Martin.Amer_at_web.de>
Date: 30 Jan 2001 16:32:13 GMT

akmunro_at_my-deja.com wrote in <956k1g$330$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>:

>I have created a WebDB form which accesses a table which contains a
>unique key - normal stuff. However, I don't want the user to enter
>values for the key, I want to get the next available value from a
>sequence. Where and how in the form definition do I include code which
>will retrieve the next sequence value and insert it into the ID field
>before the data is posted to the database?
>
>Any references to on-line documentation for this would be much
>appreciated as Oracle's is very reluctant to give up its secrets!
>

>Sent via Deja.com
>http://www.deja.com/

Hi,
 you have to call a function, which returns the next value of the sequence. To call a function in a webdb-form, you must write

#functionname

in the default value - field of the key-field in your form. The # symbols that webdb has to start the function, otherwise it places the text in the Form.

by Martin Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 17:32:13 CET

Original text of this message