sqlldr: problem with NULLS and date format

From: Nizam Ahmed <nizam_ahmed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:24:12 -0000

[Quoted] I have a comma delimited ctl file that I want to load with sqlldr:

problem 1:
it contains, in capitals, the word NULL where the field is null: sqlldr complains:
ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected

problem 2:
[Quoted] if i change the word NULL to a blank, it fixes problem 1, but, if there is [Quoted] blanks at the end of the line, it complains: Column not found before end of logical record (use TRAILING NULLCOLS)

problem 3:
the date format is currently in the form 19990101. sqlldr complains: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string

Now I know all these can be fixed by modifying the ctl file, but I would [Quoted] like to know if there are any Oracle system parameters that can be set to [Quoted] allow this data through successfully.

Thanks! Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 13:24:12 CET

Original text of this message