linux forms6i+patch 1:: no triggers will fire

From: Charlton Purvis <purvis_at_sc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:07:02 GMT

Hi there:
[Quoted] We are having significant problems w/ our Redhat 6 linux box as our forms server. (We're opting for apache 1.3 instead of OAS (for right now).) The linux box is running 6i w/ patch 1.

The form appears fine and interacts w/ key strokes and tabs, but absolutely no trigger will fire. No when-button-pressed, no post-query, no key-next-items -- not a thing. If I take the exact same .fmx (compiled on a w2k box) to an NT box running forms 6i server, it works correctly.

Interestingly enough, when a new client loads the f60cgi base page, it prompts the user to download jinitiator 1.1.7.31, but in order to run the form, the client must have 1.1.7.30 (otherwise nothing happens). Maybe there is some sort of synch problem?

We're also using a netscape client since IE shows no cursor, and tabs don't work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlton

--