Re: Copy from DB to DB within PL/SQL?

From: George Barbour <george.barbour_at_gecm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:22:28 -0000

We do this evey night using PL/SQL.
We have set up a database link to the O7 instance from the O8 instance.  Then,
1) We copy the table from the O7 instance to the O8 instance with a new temporary filename.
2) Make sure the copy is ok.
3) If the copy is ok delete the original file, and rename the new file to the old name.
It works.
But if change happens to the remote O7 instance while you are copying you may get ORA-01555: snapshot too old errors. This is ok if you can change the rollback on the remote machine, but a bit of a bummer if you can't.

George Barbour. Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 12:22:28 CET

Original text of this message