Oracle Internet Directory

From: Geoffrey Corb <geof_at_NOSPAM.energenic.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:52:24 -0500

I need a little help... I'm a newbie with respect to Oracle 8i Enterprise. I'm trying to access the Oracle Internet Directory. As I understand it, this product is installed automatically when Oracle 8i Enterprise is installed (under a typical installation). Is this correct?

When I try to access OID via the Oracle Directory Manager, I always get a "bind failed" message. I am connecting to my local machine on port 389; I connect as "cn=orcladmin" with pwd= "welcome". (Note that even if I leave the username and password blank, which is supposed to let me in as a guest, I get the same error.)

Any idea what is going on? Perhaps OID is not installed? How can you access/control the OID processes? Documentation refers to oidmon, but I cannot find that executable on my disk.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/insight you can provide!

  • G

Geoffrey J. Corb
Energenic, LLC
geof_at_nospam.energenic.com Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 16:52:24 CET

Original text of this message