Open_form, new session and logon

From: Tereschenko I.V. <zstprog_at_zaporizhstal.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:52:24 +0300

Hi!

In my application parent form opens the new (child) form with

 open_form(child, activate, session).

Then I need to Log On (in child form) to anoter database server. But when I
do it (using LOGON built-in), parent form loses it current connection and also logs on to another database. Parent transaction become broken without any warning.

I tryed to use Forms versions 4.5, 5.0 and 6.0 with same the result. Is this a bug? May I have multiple independent connections in multi-form application? Does exist any workaround?

 Thanks in advance.
 Sorry for my poor English.
 Igor. Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 07:52:24 CET

Original text of this message