Re: Reports 6i - REF CURSOR

From: <gvoyles_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:04:26 GMT

My 1st message board experience. Thanks for the reply Eric. I have now upgraded to a Beta version of Reports 6.0 and was able to see the ref cursor, even run the reporting wizard against it. When I run the report however, I get a virtual memory system error (Rep-0065), and like you, I could not open the report again afterwords. I seem to remember seeing this error in other messages. If I find the solution, I'll post it and maybe it will help both of us out. I'm trying to stay away from populating other sources before bringing it into Reports.

In article <Pj4c6.19552$J%.1486443_at_news.flash.net>,   "Eric Givler" <egivler_at_flash.net> wrote:
> I tried to use a ref cursor in reports 6i (with patch1) and it bombed
 with
> an error. Shortly afterwords, I couldn't open the report (.rdf file)
 again.
> I'm hoping this is fixed in a later release. I assume you mean
 basing
> your SQL query object on a refcursor, correct?
>
> You could always base the report query on a file too, or populate the
 data
> outside the report and pass it in.
>
> > Can you give me some detail on accessing an
> > Oracle ref cursor from Reports 2.5 to create the
> > report(instead of inline sql)? I can't find any
> > documentation on using ref cursors. We will be
> > upgrading to 6 soon, so any info. you have on 2.5
> > or 6 will be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 16:04:26 CET

Original text of this message