Oracle monitoring tool?

From: <philc1966_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:37:20 GMT

I'm NOT an Oracle DBA. I'm a SysAdmin and NOC engineer, and I know just enough about Oracle to be really dangerous :-)

I need to find a non-commercial tool to assist in monitoring Oracle database - e.g. pinging listeners to see if they are responding, basic stuff like that. Ideally I'd just like to wrap up a bunch of orapings in a script and display in an HTML page.

Here's the catch. The system that I have available to me does NOT have Oracle installed on it ... it's a Solaris for INTEL 7 system. Is there a free "lite" version of Oracle for this platform that would give me oraping? Is there a open source oraping equivalent ... anything?

What are my options? I'm open to nearly any suggestion.

TIA. Replies copied to rem-AT-macostech.com email would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 01:37:20 CET

Original text of this message