Re: Forms - old versions

From: <mhr123_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:59:43 GMT

In article <94p8a3$c7r$1_at_plutonium.btinternet.com>,   "Ken Brown" <ken.brown_at_dialwrap.com> wrote:
> I have a form - I thing v2 which I cannot read into 6i - any ideas?
>
> Form data header starts ROS.2010205

Hi,

Not sure, but I think you have to go from version 2(.3?) to version 3, before you can convert further on to ver. 6. When so far, you use the Forms compiler for the convert itself. The generator has a check box, to indicate that you want an upgrade from ver. 3 to be done. There is some kind of convert-program included with ver. 3 of Forms. The generated form will contain unmaintainable triggers (so called V2-style triggers).
BTW: Notice that ver. 7.0 will go further, and not allow v2 trigger code at all!

Hope this helps

Regards, Michael

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 14:59:43 CET