Re: List Item (drop down menu) problems...please help - searchform.jpg (0/1)

From: Vanessa Allison <freeside_at_clara.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:16:39 -0000

[Quoted] Hi Maarten,

What you need to do is set the update and insert properties of the block to [Quoted] false (to prevent records being altered or inserted).

You should add a trigger at form level WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE which has the [Quoted] command 'enter_query;'. This will put the form into enter query mode everytime the form is opened.

The user can then select a student name from the pull down item and then press F8 to execute query.

Once the record has been retrieved the user will have to press F8 to clear [Quoted] the form and put it back into enter query mode, or you could place the form [Quoted] in enter query mode by placing a trigger on a button, that is a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on a button with the command 'enter_query;'.

I hope this helps.

Vanessa.