Re: Forms 6i issue

From: <mhr123_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:23:20 GMT

In article <3A6DDFE7.351E53C5_at_home.com>,   Andrey Radchenko <radchenko_at_home.com> wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a Forms 6i based application deployed to the Intranet. My users
> started to complain about the application feature.
> When they move out of the app and go say to yahoo.com or other
 favorite
> site and hit back button on their browser, they
> return to exact the same spot in app where they had left.
>
> Question: Is it possible at all to override this kind of Forms
 behavior
> and force it somehow to return to predefined form
> instead? So if you leave the app, you should come in back through the
> front door always.
>
> Your input is greatly appreciated!
>
> Andrey.

Hi,

[Quoted] Don't know if it could be done, but I would try the following: 1) Create a package in your form containing a package variable (or use a :global).
2) Set the variable to something like 'DEACT' by the when-window- deactivated trigger.
3) In the when-window-activated trigger evaluate the variable. If it's 'DEACT', send the user to the 'front door'.

If you use a pll package for the variable, and attach the pll to all the forms of your application, you can avoid the roundtrip to the front door if necessary (if the user goes forward/backward between the scrrens of your application).

Hope this can be an idea.

Regards, Michael Ringbo

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 09:23:20 CET