sql*plus: behavior differences client 8i / client 8

From: Nicolas Stern <nicolas.stern_at_psi.ch>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:04:31 +0100

Hi

[Quoted] I'm using client 8.0 against a 7.3.2.3.2 Server on VMS.

The following statement runs fine.

select b.username, a.granted_role
from dba_role_privs a, dba_users b
where b.username = a.grantee;

Running this statement using the 8.i client against the same Server raises [Quoted] ORA-24347: Warning of a NULL column in an aggregate function. Running this [Quoted] statement with the 8.i client works fine.

Looks just like a compatibility issue. No need to worry. But I'm just curious to understand why a compatibility issue translates into this error [Quoted] and makes my client thinks there are nulls in this columns.

thanks for any input

N. Stern Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 09:04:31 CET

Original text of this message