Importing a Dump via Data Manager (from UNIX to Windows 2000)

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:13:39 +0100

Somebody else has created a dump file with several tables under Oracle 8.05 under UNIX. I received that dump file and have to import it into an Oracle 8.05 database under Windows 2000.

So in the Windows environment I start the Data Manager, choose Import, and walk through the 7 steps. Then ...

 Step 2: when selecting the objects, in the right hand tree view, there is no label for the user. The node has an empty label.

 Step 7: when finishing the dialog, the "Import Status" window appears and stays forever, but nothing happens

Does anybody know, what might have gone wrong? In all of the steps (except choosing the dump file, and choosing the increment type), I did not change any of the options.

Importing a dump file that has been created under Windows (NT or 2000) does not make any problems.

Michael G. Schneider
mailto:mgs_at_mgs-software.de Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 18:13:39 CET

Original text of this message