8.1.6 shared libs on Linux

From: larry <Larry.Palazzi_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:12:31 GMT

I'm using Oracle 8.1.6 Pro C on Red Hat Linux 6.2. Each application uses up 4M of RAM for EACH instance. The binary size is small (< 500K) but the runtime image is 4M+ for EACH INSTANCE of the application. I would expect the first instance to be large and the subsequent instances to be much smaller. It looks like it is dynamically linking the executable fine, but it is not sharing the runtime libraries properly.

I tried linking with the gcc option -shared, but the application segfaults /core dumps on startup. Without this option, it runs fine but has a large runtime image.

How do I get it to share libs properly???

Larry

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 19:12:31 CET

Original text of this message