Re: Need your opinions on RMAN

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:32:31 GMT

We're running Veritas on a Sun cluster and so far so good. Three weeks after Veritas left our premises we shut down the database on the primary server for maintenance and the backup server tried to start and failed. Veritas had forgot to change some licensing parameter. Luckily this was a Friday night and we had plenty of time to fix things. But be sure to test everything while Veritas is still on the premises.

Van

As for RMAN, Veritas will provide the RMAN scripts it wants you to use. But you do run Veritas against RMAN.