Re: SQL*Loader variable to store temporary data ?

From: Robert Schöller <schoeller_at_inat.at>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:30:09 +0100

[Quoted] On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:50:34 +0100, "Philippe Makowski" <makowski.philippe_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Is there a way to store temporary data whith SQL*Loader ?
>
>I mean, I read the first line in wich I extract somme data that I store in a
>variable to use it later when I do the Append after reading
>a other line.

No. I don't think that you can do it within the SQL-Loader.

I use the SQL-Loader to simply load into a (temporary) table (only varchar2) and use a batch to process the data (also type-conversions).

mfg

Ing. Robert Schöller (schoeller_at_inat.at) Received on Mon Jan 22 2001 - 13:30:09 CET

Original text of this message