Can JDeveloper do this?

From: Mark Riehl <mriehl_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:16:58 GMT

All,

Ideally, this is what I'd like to do, any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. I'm new to Oracle and JDeveloper, so please bear with me.

I have data in an Oracle database and need to do a lot of manipulation, calculations, etc. Most of these calculations aren't supported in PL/SQL, and rather than embed Java, I'd probably prefer to do them in C++ in a separate process.

Can I use JDeveloper to connect to an Oracle database and another process (as a client via TCP/IP) at the same time? Basically, I'd like to pull some data from the database, give the user some options, and then send those options to the C++ process. The C++ process would query the database as well.

Can this be done? Make sense? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 14:16:58 CET

Original text of this message