Re: NLS_LANG

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:41:12 GMT

Did you really expect Oracle to _change_ your data??? No way! If you stored in US7ASCII (which, btw, still is the default - silly, but true) you will never get your accent grave or c-cedille; that requires 8 bits in the database. Export, rebuild the database with 8 bits, import.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel