Re: Designer6i: Amending standard button behaviour

From: <scotten_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:02:21 GMT

Andrew,

Assuming your after things like "checking 'special' conditions before we attempt to save":

Our approach with developing web pl/sql applications is that we build in as much of the business rules (checks, automatic actions etc) into the database. The logic is implemented using Designers' Table API/Trigger Logic. This ensures that data integrity is enforced independend of the type of front-end used (Web PL/SQL, Forms, ODBC and even SQL*Plus etc). In the logic you write you can raise custom errors with custom messages which are then displayed to the user.

hth

Sicco

> > Hi,
> >
> > Of course I'm not exactly sure of what your goal is, but you can add
> > custom PL/SQL code (Application Logic node in Design Editor) to
 module
> > component events like 'post-insert'. I use it to re-direct the user
> > another module component after the insert button has been pressed
 and
> > the insert was succesful.
> >

> > hth,
> >
> > Sicco
> >

> > In article <93n9gn$qcq$1_at_sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk>,
> > "Andrew Hardy" <Andrew.Hardy_at_AdvanticaTech.com> wrote:
> > > Is it possible to amend the behaviours of the standard buttons
 e.g.
 New,
> > > Find, etc.
> > >
> > > I would like to add certain new pieces of code to some of these
 buttons on
> > > some of my generated screens (Web PL/SQL).
> > >
> > > Andy
> > >
> > > --
> > > Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of
 Advantica
> > > Technologies Ltd
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/