Re: Remote debugging in Oracle8i/9i?

From: <sgpal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:46:21 GMT

[Quoted] I tried to remote debug Java Stored Procedures in JDeveloper and Oracle [Quoted] 8i...and I had issues when it could not locate my source file. Once I [Quoted] fixed that it seemed to work. You may want to check out this link if it helps,

[Quoted] Remote Debugging Oracle 8i Java Stored Procedures http://technet.oracle.com/products/jdev/info/jdev/rdjsproc/s000.html

Goto your friendly Java neighborhood at http://www.javapal.com

In article <3A65BE70.5E8F5D_at_nospamScape.net>,   PV <pete_at_nospamScape.net> wrote:

> Has anybody successfully (remote) debugged EJB's deployed into
 oracle8i
> or 9i with JDeveloper ?
>
> When I try it it keeps ignoring breakpoints no matter what i've tried.
>
> I have:
> - given enough permissions for the db user
> - set debug to "ejbs/corba in oracle 8i" (JDeveloper)
> - unchecked the compile before debugging option.((JDeveloper))
> - checked that I have proper breakpoint settings
> - tried to study Oracle technology network
>
> Only sign of even trying to debug is when I place a breakpoint in
 EJB's
> remote interface it informs me that breakpoint is on a place where
 it's
> not allowed to be. But when I insert breakpoint to the actual bean, it
> just runs through.
>
> Do I need to change some option on Database?
> Does debugger proxy need to be started manually or is it on by
 default?
> - I'd imagine that it would give me some kind of error if it's not
> started.
>
> I'm running out of tricks here...
> Petri Valto

Sent via Deja.com