Re: Help in Application Distribution

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:34:22 GMT

I don't think the s/w packager or the Project Builder worked with 6i. when I contacted Oracle (on metalink) about this, they sent me a document that talked about Developer 1.6.1 (it might have even been earlier than that). Suffice it to say that Oracle is not going to get a client/server distribution mechanism working and they want you to deploy via the web. You won't get any help from them with this.

Your best bet if you do want to deploy client server is to make your own installation via a windows installer. We loaded ZDLabs Incontrol s/w which tracks changes to the system (registry, files, etc), then loaded the runtime on a machine. After that, in control can produce a report of what is needed. You put this all into an installer, along with your app, and you are done.

Good luck.