Re: WebDB Question

From: mTw <shell.olie_at_12move.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:49:28 +0100

Mark Riehl <mriehl_at_home.com> schreef in berichtnieuws xtk96.145305$w35.25466705_at_news1.rdc1.nj.home.com...
> All,
>
> I'm using WebDB 2.2 on Oracle 8.1.6 on Win 2K. Easy question - can
 someone
> tell me how to modify a table or procedure once it has been created? For
> example, I created a table, and then afterwards decided that I wanted to
 add
> a few new columns. I can do this in PL/SQL using alter table, but can't
> seem to find a way to do it from WebDB.
>
> Same question for procedures.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Just an idea: try to create a package and a form based on a stored procedure. The package you create contains your show and your accept procedure. The package WebDB creates for you contains a show procedure displaying the form and an accept procedure calling your stored procedure.

Your show-procedure selects the text of the stored procedure you want to edit and then calls the show procedure generated by WebDB; your accept procedure is called by the accept procedure generated by WebDB and creates or replaces the stored procedure which you want to modify.

I have not tested this yet but it could work in such a way you can edit all components in the browser.
I never had to use the long field feature in WebDB before, I don't know if it is any good for this purpose. If you use a varchar2 field the length of your procedure will be limited to just 4Kb.

mtw Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 23:49:28 CET

Original text of this message