Re: optimizing where clause?

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:47:39 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] AFAIK, the last one will be evaluated first. This means that the most selective clause should be put at the end. However, this only works if your OPTIMIZER_MODE is set to RULE or to CHOOSE and the database is not analyzed.

[Quoted] h.t.h.

BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT [Quoted] In article <940mvf$dp7$1_at_SOLAIR2.EUnet.yu>,   "Sinisa" <popsin_at_eunet.yu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one question:
>
> if I have many filters in where clause joined with AND operator:
>
> SELECT * FROM bla, bla
> WHERE something = a
> AND something = b
> AND something = c
>
> which one will be executed first: the first one or the last one.
> I want to optimize this query but I don't know which one to put
 first. I
> know that the most restrictive filter should be executed first, but I
 don't
> know in which order will Oracle execute them.
>
> Sinisa

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 08:47:39 CET

Original text of this message