Re: Designer6i: Amending standard button behaviour

From: Andrew Hardy <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:57:37 -0000

[Quoted] I'm not quite sure what my goal is either!!

We had tried to use WebDB for a small project and were confounded by our [Quoted] inability to process errors returned from the database e.g. PK and FK errors [Quoted] just blurted nasty unintelligible messages onto the screen.

Web/PLSQL generated by Designer seems much more friendly, but we're still [Quoted] worried that we may miss some of the flexibility that we're used to from [Quoted] developing forms (checking 'special' conditions before we attempt to save, etc.)

[Quoted] Does Designer/WebPLSQL understand the use of triggers?

Andy
<scotten_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:93ubru$t66$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi,
>
> Of course I'm not exactly sure of what your goal is, but you can add
> custom PL/SQL code (Application Logic node in Design Editor) to module
> component events like 'post-insert'. I use it to re-direct the user to
> another module component after the insert button has been pressed and
> the insert was succesful.
>

> hth,
>
> Sicco
>

> In article <93n9gn$qcq$1_at_sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk>,
> "Andrew Hardy" <Andrew.Hardy_at_AdvanticaTech.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to amend the behaviours of the standard buttons e.g.
 New,