EXECUTION OF ORACLE PROCEDURE USING OO4O

From: <nicola_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:29:05 GMT

Hi, I'm a newbie in using OO4O to make my asp pages (i'm using VBScript) interact with my database, through Oracle Objects for Ole. (the Oracle version is 8.1.5)

But my procedure is not launched, and I get this error message:

   error '8004101a'

and it is related to the passing of parameters.

The script is:

<%
SPname=request("sPname")
	if isnull(sPname) or sPname="" then
		sPname="LIPPO"
	end if

Dim Orasession
Dim OraDatabase
Dim nResult

Set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession") Set OraDatabase = OraSession.DbOpenDatabase("xxx", "xxx/xxx", cint(0))

OraDatabase.Parameters.Add "sPname",sPname, ORAPARM_INPUT OraDatabase.Parameters ("sPname").ServerType = ORATYPE_VARCHAR2

nResult=OraDatabase.DbExecuteSql("BEGIN PROVA_NIK2(:sPname); end;")

%>

The procedure insert sPname in a table

The global. asa file is like that:

<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=OraSession PROGID="OracleInProcServer.XOraSession"></OBJECT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>

Sub Application_OnStart

    OraSession.CreateDatabasePool 1, 100, 300, "xxx", "xxx/xxx", 0

End Sub

Sub Application_OnEnd

	'Destroys global pool of connections.
	OraSession.DestroyDatabasePool