Re: Populate Detail Block Display Items

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:05:47 -0800

"Lesley Boughner" <lesley_at_vimich.com> wrote in message news:93fs5l0sm_at_enews3.newsguy.com...
> I have one master, and one detail block.
> The detail block has 4 records displayed at a time, and in it I have two
> display fields - retrieving a value using ID's.
> How do I populate every display item that has an id associated with it.
> So far I can only get the first record in the recordset to display until I
> actually place the cursor in the record. Though all other data displays
> immediately.
> Any help is appreciated.
> Lesley
>
> NOTE: My coordination properties on the relationship are as follows:
> Deferred = NO
> Automatic Query = NO (Though this is ignored because of deferred = no)

Where is your code that looks up the data in the display fields?

Sounds like it's on WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE (populates when you land on the record). Should be on POST-QUERY (fires once for every row retrieved during the query processing). Also check your block properties to see how many records are retrieved by the block. If you have 4 records displayed, you probably want to set your query size to be about 5 or 6 records and possibly about 8 or 9 if you expect the user to use page up and page down a lot.

-Matt Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 23:05:47 CET

Original text of this message