OT: Newsreaders (was: Re: Michelle, this is great!)

From: Larry Kessler <l_k_e_s_s_l_e_r_at_w_t_._n_e_t>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:21:48 GMT

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:48:29 GMT, "Evan Mann" <esm_at_iag.net> wrote:

>> Do not ever fall for spam, which the original message obviously is.
>> Also, use a news reader (agent, perhaps?) that won't open HTML...
>
>When I'm bored, and there is little posting, I read anything in the groups I
>frequent.
>
>I personally find Agent horrible for newsgroup reading, and only use it for
>binaries

I use Agent for all my newsgroup reading and I like it just fine, much better than Netscape's or Outlook's newsreader, WinVN, or any others I've tried.

For binaries, I use a great little program called Picture Sucker. Small, fast, and automatic. http://www.jfm.bc.ca/ Received on Sat Jan 13 2001 - 05:21:48 CET

Original text of this message