Keeping constraint names with export / import

From: <aharris1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:06:16 GMT

[Quoted] We have created more meaningful constraint names in our database in order to get more useful error messages. For example, a primary key constraint would be named PK#table1#field1, to show that the primary key (PK) exists on "table1" on the "field1" column. Or a not null constraint would be table1#field1#NOT_NULL, to show that the "field1" column of "table1" has a NOT NULL constraint. This helps to indicate the source of the error when an error message is printed that includes the constraint name.

Does anybody know how to retain these specific constraint names with an export and then an import into another database? Previously I did a full export of a user that contained the constraint names listed above, but when I imported this data into a new database it generated new constraint names with system generated names. Is there an option I can give the export or import command that will retain the existing constraint names?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 20:06:16 CET

Original text of this message