Re: Forms : changing "column name" for data block items

From: <chiappa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:08:32 GMT

[Quoted] In article <93f5n3$3j9$1_at_wanadoo.fr>,   "Jérôme PERRET" <jperret_at_freesurf.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My problem is *NOT* to change the table on wich block is based. My
 problem
> is that column names in my tables are *NOT* the sames.
> Sample :
>
> TABLE A :
> ID NUMBER(8)
> CODE CHAR(10)
> DESIG VARCHAR2(50)
>
> TABLE B :
> ID NUMBER(8)
> REF CHAR(10)
> LABEL VARCHAR2(50)
>
> I want to create a block that can be base on both Table A and Table
 B. How
> can I ?

[Quoted] [Quoted] It´s IMPOSSIBLE to make a block based in 2 tables. Your options are :

  1. create a VIEW and base the block in the view. Problem : views have some restrictions
  2. have 2 blocks, one in each table, and write some PL/SQL to make it invisible to the users (i.e., commit a block when the other have commited, query automatically a block when the other is queried, etc). problem : can be hazardous to do

 []s

        Chiappa

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 12:08:32 CET