Oracle forms server 6i error messages

From: Charlton Purvis <purvis_at_sc.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:53:43 GMT

[Quoted] Hi there:

I haven't found much in archives about ifsrv60.exe and its stability (or lack thereof). deja doesn't have much and neither technet nor support.oracle.com have much to say, either.

I have been running into all sorts of problems w/ the forms server being hosted by a w2k box and NT Server box. I will be moving to linux as a last ditch effort to protect my sanity. But in the meantime, is there a reference I can use to look up error messages that I see in the ifweb60 log? The log file looks complete w/ stack dumps and a few error numbers here and there, but I can't find any cross-reference for the numbers, themselves. And I'm reasonably sure they aren't DB or frm error messages.

I'm disappointed not to find too many posts on problems w/ forms server considering I'm not doing anything really demanding yet. Admittedly the final product will be comprehensive, but as I begin to wrap up the prototype, I have about half-a-dozen blocks, several stacked and tabbed canvases, and reasonably simple triggers to help refresh the tabbed canvases, so I am quite worried what to expect when the product is fullblown.   Maybe all that can save the project will be the private network which would allow client-server. I really don't like that solution, and I want to give Oracle a chance w/ 6i (I have installed Patch 1 already), but I'm getting nervous.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks,

Charlton

--