Installing OEM on Solaris

From: Paul Atkinson <patkinson_at_cybersight.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:27:51 -0800

I'm trying to turn a Solaris box into our OEM / Management Server box.

The problem is this. Having installed the software I downloaded from OTN, I am trying to start the management server. The command to do so appears to be

        oemctrl start oms
When I do this, I get the following:
Oracle Enterprise Manager Version 2.0.4.0.0 - Server Control Program
[Quoted] [main][17:4:49:902] Vxa - Initialization exception encountered!
[main][17:4:49:996]

Error starting Oracle Management Server. oracle.sysman.vdc.VdcCryptoService

I have no idea where to even start. None of this comes up when I search OTN. Thoughts / help? Thanks!

Paul Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 23:27:51 CET

Original text of this message