Reports: overflow of fields to sequential pages and not tiled pages

From: <steven_at_mda.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:17:56 GMT

How can I get the Oracle Report field to overflow to another page sequentially and not tiled?

For example:

Panel 1 has fields and texts.
Panel 2 has its own fields and texts.
Panel 3 has another set of fields and texts.

e.g. 1

       2
       3

Right now, should Panel 2 overflow to another page, I get on the printout:

Panel 1 on physical page 1.
Panel 2 on physical page 2.
Panel 3 on physical page 3.

Blank on physical page 4 due to Panel 1 NOT overflowing (Tiling effect). Overflow data from Panel 2 on physical page 5 (Tiling effect). Blank on physical page 6 due to Panel 3 not overflowing (Tiling effect).
e.g.   1           corresponding to   1  B
       2                              2  2+
       3                              3  B
       2+
       6

The desired output should be:
Panel 1 on physical page 1.
Panel 2 on physical page 2.
Overflow data from Panel 2 on physical page 3. Panel 3 on physical page 4.
NO BLANK PAGES. NOTE: This is assuming that ONE panel is equivalent to ONE physical page.

Is this achievable? If so, how?

Thanks

Steve, steven_at_mda.ca

Sent via Deja.com