Re: Designer 6i & Oracle 8.1.6 on same machine

From: Christopher K. Taylor <ctaylor_at_ahrq.gov>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 21:43:06 GMT

Howard,

I have designer 6i and oracle 8.1.6 running on an W2K server. It was difficult to install due to the fact that designer must be installed into the default_home. What I had to do was uninstall Oracle 8.1.6, then install designer 6i then reinstall Oracle 8.1.6 then the repository. Check the installation guide for Designer 6i. There is an order of installation grid that displays the proper order of installations for the two products running on the same machine. I did hear that the next release of Designer does not have this limitation, but I won't believe it untill I see it. There are also some prior postings in this group with some info on the same topic if you have articles from back in December.

Hope this helps!

Chris