Help, which Oracle products should I choose?

From: ZAlexsatellite <zalexsatellite_at_aol.com>
Date: 07 Jan 2001 21:39:51 GMT

Hello Oracle experts here, I am a college student and I have some questions about Oracle installation to consult you. These days I am learning Oracle, an currently I want to install Oracle on my PC. However I met two problems: 1. Since I am a novice to learn Oracle, which Oracle products do you recommend? (Oracle8i Lite? Oracle8i Personal Edition? Oracle8i Enterprise Edition? other products?). I am currently learning PL/SQL and JDBC programming associated with Oracle, maybe something else later.

2. I want to upgrade my win98 to Win2000(Professional or Server version), From your point of view, which OS is better to install for learning Oracle? Win2000 Professional version or Server version(my PC is an PIII and with 192MBytes memory)?

3. In order to learn JDBC programming related with Oracle, which IDE is better to use?

Maybe the above questions seems naive to you, but I really need your help! Your suggestions to any of the above questions are welcome. Thanks!!! Received on Sun Jan 07 2001 - 22:39:51 CET

Original text of this message