Re: Update on the OraGeeks Oracle Programming Contest

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:47:32 GMT

> I'm pleased to announce that our new Oracle programming contest called
> "Twenty-Somethings" is under way! We've already had over 75*very*
> interesting submissions, but we're looking for some more before this
> first round of our new semi-perpetual contest comes to a close.

Here it is:

procedure Oracle_Tar_Process( tar_id_in in tars.id%type ) is

  • for internal use only. (c) Oracle Corporation ;-) tar_rec tars%rowtype; begin get_tar_info( tar_id_in, tar_rec ); if sysdate - tar_rec.date_submitted >= global.scl_period and tar_rec.status = 'OPEN' then close_tar( tar_id_in, 'SCL'); -- soft close elsif tar_rec.status = 'SCL' and sysdate - tar_rec.date_submitted >= global.hcl_period then close_tar( tar_id_in, 'HCL'); -- hard close else -- technical assistance request is still open If tar_rec.previous_response is null then Request_More_Info; Send_Useless_Feedback; ElsIf Hell_Freezes_Over and When_Pigs_Fly then
    • Send at least some solution, not necessarily for the problem anyway. Send_Workable_Solution( tar_rec.email_address, GetRandom('solution' ) ); End If; end if; end Oracle_Tar_Process;