Re: Forms : Transactions

From: (wrong string) érôme PERRET <jperret_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:17:04 +0100

Hi Sybrand Bakker,

> Please do not consider this group as a replacement for reading
> tutorials and manuals.

I DO NOT ! I am french and is using Oracle Forms since september 2000. I must create a complete application and have read 4 books, including 2 written in english (not easy when you are not from an english-spoken country). On was dealing with SQL, second with DBA administration, 2 lasts with Forms. I try to find as much information as possible by myself in these books and in Forms help. But It's not easy, i am a beginner.
If I ask on the newsgroup how to deal with transactions, it not only to know how to create a transaction (You are right, I can learn this in books or manual) but most for having advices from experimented developpers because I think there are many way to do the job. What I want is to know is wich way is the best.
Be sure that I ask only when I do not find in my books, manuals and other helps.
Many persons helped me last days, making me understanding some features that mays seams basic to you but advanced for me. That's why i am trying to help as much other persons as I can.

I am sorry if my ask(s) do not complies with this newsgroup intends, I thought they were.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Jerome