Newbie Question

From: Gary J. Groomer <gary_at_designfirst.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:27:09 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8i Personal Edition on my computer for local development and testing. I ran into a strange problem with the first table that I created.

I opened the SQL* Plus Worksheet and ran a script to create a simple table and insert data into it. I used a SQL SELECT * to view the data and everything appeared as expected. Then, I tried to access the data from an external application and then from the Oracle Schema Manager and no data showed up. Then, I added some data, manually, with the Schema Manger's Data Editor. The newly added data showed up in the Schema Manager Data Editor and the external application, but not the data inserted previously with SQL* Plus Worksheet. Next, I went to the SQL* Plus Worksheet and ran a SQL SELECT * and the old and the new data showed up. Why isn't all of the data showing up in the Schema Manager Data Editor and the external application?

Keep in mind that I have yet to create any new views and/or new users. I logged into the Schema Manager as system/manager and the SQL* Plus Worksheet as scott/tiger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Groomer Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 16:27:09 CET

Original text of this message