Best Access Method?

From: <amw157_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:32:56 GMT

How do most people talk to an Oracle database from inside a Microsoft Visual C++ program?

I've already done an application using the Oracle Objects for OLE C++ (ex: ODynaset, ODatabase, etc), and I like it, but it doesn't support Unicode, which is a requirement I have.

I am looking into the OCI, but its so huge that its kinda daunting.

Then there's ODBC, and OLE DB, and Pro*C/C++, and a whole suite of other options.

So ... how DO most developers get Oracle data into a Visual C++ program on a W2K box? Where should I turn?

Andy
amw157_at_aol.com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 16:32:56 CET