dbstart script failure on 8i

From: Paul Bennett <spacey845_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:39:52 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have Oracle 8i on AIX 4.3.2, and the dbstart script doesn't start any instances, but claims that it has. I've traced the problem to the fact that dbstart launches the server manager and checks the output for a line containing either "PL/SQL Version" or "PL/SQL Revision". Trouble is, the server manager does not include either string in its output. [Quoted] [Quoted] I've patched the script to work around it at the moment, but I'm concerned that this meas that PL/SQL isn't (properly) installed.

What's the least painful way to rectify this?

Is this a bug in the script (and if so do I need to come up with a more permanent patch)?

btw, The database is populated OK, and it appears to communicate with our application correctly --- so far.

TIA,

---
Pb
My opinions are my own and should not be taken as
representing any other group or entity.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/