Re: forms memory requirement/problem

From: Ryan Planinshek <rplanin_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 05:09:13 GMT

[Quoted] Use Windows NT instead of windows 95. I found that win95 uses a percentage of memory instead of what the actual form needs. For example I have a .FMX file that is about 976kb and each instance of it that is open in a win95 environment uses about 10% of a pc's memory (25megs). In WinNT it uses about [Quoted] 1.5 megs.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

"Jérôme PERRET" <jperret_at_freesurf.fr> wrote in message news:92t1hq$elb$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> I don't think that the "windows system property|performance info" is very
> reliable.
> I recommend you using system monitor (start menu then execute then type
> "sysmon"). Then from the menu Edit you can add the graph of the memory
 that
> is more much reliable.
>
> Jérôme
>

> Ta Xiong <ta_xiong7_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message :
> 92svkp$9se$1_at_clematis.singnet.com.sg...
> > hi ppl,
> > does anyone know what's the exact memory requirement for forms builder
 and
> > forms runtine? it seems to be extremely resource hungry and gobbles up
> > whatever memory you have.
> >
> > i've noticed that some of my complex/huge forms will not run at all if
> > resouce is low. sometimes it runs but some of the items on the
> > screen/canvas does not show. if it's just a item label/graphics, that's
 not
> > too bad. but sometimes the actual field values queried from the table
 does
> > not appear. and when user commits this form, table gets updated with
 null
> > values!!!
> >
> > initially i have 128mb installed. when i open a form in forms builder,
> > system resource (according to windows system property|performance info)
 is